Sunday, December 30, 2007
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Friday, December 21, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
- clean out fridge
- clean fish tank
- take ornaments off tree and lights too if I can manage
- clean house
- finish up my gifts for all
- make ornaments out of applesauce and cinnamon (if I have time lol)
- wash the dog
- go to a party tonight
Boy that list looks fun huh. I am sure we will work our way through it. If only I had a housekeeper *sigh*!!!
Monday, December 17, 2007
This past week has been entertaining to say the least. Anna is in rare form. I thought I would have a few years before she got nuts around Christmas. Nope not so lucky lol. Really though she is a good girl. A few of the more entertaining quotes for the week are:
"Daddy do my shoes! Daddy do my shoes!"
Daddy tries to do them and he can't seem to get the right one on.
"Mommy do shoes Daddy!"
We have been potty trained for a while now with just a random accident here or there and occasionally at night. The other day she came to me and said "Poopy Mommy Poopy!" So I started trailing behind her to the bathroom because she still needs help getting on the potty. As I was walking behind her she grabs her butt and repeats "Wait, wait, wait, wait". It brings tears to my eyes lol she did such a good job talking herself through that!
We have been going to several holiday parties over the past few weeks and now she associates party - FUN! If you say party she gets excited and starts clapping YAY PARTY FUN!!!
Funny word of the week:
reindeer - daneer
For more Tiny Talk go to NB7
Friday, December 14, 2007
Here is my tree in the living room or den (whichever you want to call it). Don't tell but 98% of the presents under it are just wrapped up empty boxes. I am a last minute shopper but hate to have an empty tree skirt!
My favorite ornament! I think they look so elegant and natural on the tree.
This is Anna's tree. It is a fake one and although I have never liked fake trees I love that she can have one in her room.
This is Anna's ornament for this year because she loves all things country!!
Here is my homemade wreath. I even made the bow on it.
Ho Ho Ho! What is Christmas without a big ole Santa in the house!
These guys stay under my tree. Well mostly that is, Anna tends to carry them around the house.
And last but certainly not least here are some sugar cookies just for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your visit and please come back again some time. If you want to see more Christmas decorations inside and out go to Boomama on Dec. 17th. Again sorry about getting started so early. I just wanted to have a few extra days to party lol!!!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Her favorite song to sing right now is Jinle Bells.
She has learned how to say Merry Cissmas and Happy New Year!
She is speaking in incredible sentences and can even change them around like this morning.
She told me to "stay" and went out of the room to peak back in and say "you staying?" lol it was to cute!
She likes to announce when she or someone else "burps" or "toots" lol. Oh and the funniest is when she goes pee pee in a public place and comes out and pretty much screams "I pee pee YAY"
Well it is time for luNch so I will run but for more super cute kiddie talk go to Not Before 7!
I almost forgot her very favorite sentences of all times: "I do that" or "its my turn"
Monday, December 10, 2007
Well, my Christmas program went without to many hitches. I did better on Saturday night than I did on Sunday night but I guess I did ok as far as it goes. Anna LOVED the show. She watched both nights and was just enthralled in it the whole time. I enjoyed getting to know my fellow choir members better and it was fun being active in church again.
Below is my friend Neesey! My hubby worked with her with the youth and we are now teaching her youngest son in Sunday School. She is an inspirational woman. I had to share with you all her lovely costume. Be sure to check out those socks!!!
Thursday, December 06, 2007
What a busy busy day I have had so far.
- I have done a small mountain of laundry. (with still more to go :()
- I have cleaned my bedroom which was quite an undertaking!
- I have cleaned the kitchen (I still need to sweep and mop)
- I have played with Anna and even managed to feed her lunch lol.
OK so why is it when you list it out it looks like nothing? I guess I could list each individual thing I did in my bedroom or just how big the mountain was or even how many dirty dishes one small family can create. Oh well at least I know I have accomplished a lot. I think this afternoon we will have another photoshoot so that I can relax a little. Of course that means I need to put away all the toys and straighten the living room a little more. Ugh why is housework never ending? I feel like that is all I do some days and you can't even tell it.
My inlaws are coming to town tomorrow. We are going to have a crazy busy weekend. Saturday at 1 my hubby graduates with his Masters Degree! I am so proud of you baby! I knew you could and would do it. We now who will be helping Anna with her homework in a few years lol. Anywho, after that we have my Christmas program with the church. We have to be there at about 6:15 so we will have a little down time (I hope) in between the two events. I don't have a clue when Anna is going to nap or how all of this is going to work out with her because being still is not something she is really good at. The church will be fine cause we have nursery but she is supposed to be on stage for about 5 minutes and if she is crabby, well then, that is not going to happen. We will have the best day that we can and if she can't go on with me thats ok. It will be a full day and I don't want to torture her or myself lol.
Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed after nap. No not me! Anna did but she is better now that she has had time to wake up. There has been about a 3 hour delay in this post because of it lol. Now I must run and keep up with the hurricane we like to call Anna! She is eating a candy cane and I don't want red all over my house! Have a great afternoon!!!
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
- Clean living room
- Clean kitchen
- Clean bedroom
- Clean both bathrooms
- Clean off the guest bed
- Clean outside toy
- Finish Christmas present for Yia Yia
- Start the one for Casey and Pop and Daddy too
- Email Jena Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie recipe
- Watch Rudolph tonight!
I think I will stop there. I am exhausted just reading the list lol. If anyone wants to come help come on over. I have cookies left!
Sunday, December 02, 2007
Friday, November 30, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Here is a little trivial one but one that saves steps in the kitchen. We all know how when you are running around trying to cook and your trash can is suddenly full. You have to take the time to take it out (unless you use a grocery bag lol) so to take less time I keep back up bags in the bottom of the can. That way it is 2 fluid steps: Take bag out - sit it aside for hubby to take out lol and then grab bag out of bottom of can and replace it. No going under the cabinet to grab them and trying to get just one out. It works for me as simple as it is.
What works for you? For more you can go to HERE!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
- The first thing I had to do was get her to pee pee in the potty for the first time because we couldn't seem to make that happen. So I started letting her run around without a diaper and didn't have any luck except a few puddles in the carpet! Then I thought well she usually goes after sleeping so after her nap (with a diaper) I stripped her and sat her on the potty and finally we scored! She got her choice of Halloween candy!
- After she realized she got chocolate for pee peeing we were golden! Well except for pooping we had a few accidents but thanks to the good Lord she hates mess! So once she felt that a few times she was ready to give it a go on the potty. She cried and begged to get off and always says she is cold right before but we had success!
- Our next obsticle was the fact she didn't like using strange pottys and by strange I mean any potty besides her own. A few accidents while out and about seem to have curred her of her fear. Now she even goes at restaurants! (without the potty ring!)
- We had a few casualties - my phone got dropped in the potty, candy got dropped or eaten by the dog.
- Now our last few obsticles are weaning her from needing a reward for pee peeing and pooping in the potty and also, wetting the bed at night. As long as we don't give her anything to drink after 7 we usually do great at night so hopefully we will be good on that front soon. The needing chocolate well we all want chocolate and rewards so I don't how we will cross that one lol.
Thanks for joining me on my journey! I will try to stop posting about it so much lol! What are you tackling today? To see more go here!
PS if you have time how about voting in my poll over on the side for my Christmas card!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Friday, November 23, 2007
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
- I like to watch soap operas. I am currently addicted to Young and the Restless. So I watch it while Anna is napping.
- If I am home alone I tend to sleep on the couch or now I sleep with Anna so I don't have to sleep alone.
- I floss my teeth watching tv.
- I got to watch my daughter when I was pregnant grab her umbilical chord and release when she realized she wasn't getting enough oxygen.
- I like to play my music loud. It doesn't matter if it is country, rock, Christmas music or classical. I like it LOUD!
- I like to sit in the floor. I have to because of Anna but I really like to hang out in the floor.
- I sleep twisted up like a curly pretzel. My legs are on the side and my upper body is on my stomach and my arms are curled up under me. Don't know how or why I started sleeping that way and everyone says it looks uncomfortable. However, I can't go to sleep unless I am like that.
Anna is calling me so I will have to tag people later. If you want to play along leave me a link and I will come check you out and put your link on here!
Doesn't she sound just adorable or should I say "cute"!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
My real name is Candace
and here is my profile ~ All about me!
I want to be profiled on BlogHer as a family blogger!
I have been blogging since October 18, 2006 and have almost reached 200 posts!
For more information about this meme click this link!
The three other bloggers that I think should be profiled/interviewed are:
Lori @ Queen of Dirty Laundry
Shawn @ Letters to my Daughters
Mary @ Not Before 7
Friday, November 09, 2007
If anyone reading this has any fun potty war stories I would love to hear them!