Monday, June 30, 2008
Sunday, June 29, 2008
- I love the way his eyes change colors depending on his mood.
- I love the way he takes care of me and Anna.
- I love that he gets mad at me when I get upset if dinner isn't ready or the house isn't just so. (I always feel like I am not doing my "job" if it isn't just so.)
- I love how he is willing to play with Anna and entertain her so that I can have a few minutes of me time.
- I love that he is starting to step out of his box and grow in ways that I never imagined he would.
- I love that he loves his family so much. (Meaning his Mom and Dad and sister!)
- I love that he pitches in with the housework at times. Doing the jobs that I just hate to do!
- I love that he is willing to change his mind and go with the flow. (It hasn't always been this way.)
- I love that he is so good with the kids at church.
- I love that he is so active at church and so willing to listen to God!
- I love that he is teaching Anna about God!
- I love the man that he has become and the boy that he used to be!
I can't wait to see what the next 12 years hold in store for us!!!
Happy Anniversary Chris!!!
I love you so very much!!!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Saturday, we spent the day with Beth, my high school friend. We just messed around and found a big HUGE sucker for her sons. Let Anna play a little and had Mexican for lunch, of course. Anna skipped nap time and crashed by 9. We were watching Monsters, Inc. and she just zonked out.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
We went to the beach with our friends Shanda and Allie. We had a great time. We stayed for about 2 hours. Played in the sand and the water and had a picnic lunch. We met a girl there on vacation. She latched onto our little group and hung with us the whole time. She adored Anna and kept wanting us to play with her in the water. It was a little scary though cause she didn't know how to swim. I kept thinking if something happens to her I will be responsible. We never went out to far so that I could avoid that whole issue. Anna and Allie never could get on the same page on what they wanted to do. Allie liked the sand the best and Anna liked the water. Anna would come out to play with Allie in the sand for a few minutes and the water would start calling to her. Allie would come into the water to play with Anna for a few minutes and the sand would call her. So unfortunately Shanda and I didn't have a lot of time to visit but it was fun having another Mom there anyway. My knees got banged up a little on the broken shells in the water. Wah!!!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Children have a certain way
That is the poem inside his card. Anna did the illustrations and added stickers for some extra effect. I think she is going to be an artist, what do you think?
Friday, June 13, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
- He adores our daughter.
- He playes endless hours of ball with her.
- He is willing to sit through Sesame Street Live and the Disney Princesses on Ice!
- He loves to make Anna laugh.
- He lets her help him with yard work even though it makes everything take longer.
- He is patient with her.
- He puts smiley faces on all of his and her sandwiches with the mustard. He pretty much never forgets!
- He hates that sometimes he can't soothe her. I really think it breaks his heart a little.
- He loves to take her out to see the moon and stars.
- He tucks her in each night and says a bed time prayer.
- He waves to her from the road each morning that he goes off to work. I am sure it is a highlight of both their days.
- He is totally hands on and wants to be a part of everything in her life!
- He would give her the moon and stars if he could! He loves her more than words can say.
Chris, She thinks you hung the moon and stars just for her! She loves you very much!!!
For more Thursday Thirteen go HERE!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Monday, June 09, 2008
I guess as Moms we are all doubtful at times. We all wonder if we aren't warping out children in some way. I wonder if maybe I am to soft on Anna. Or maybe I held her to much when she was a baby and still today. Did I mess her up because I rocked her to sleep for so long and now I lay down with her. I mean maybe she won't ever go to sleep by herself. Maybe I nursed her to long or any number of doubts that can run through my head at one point or another.
Another blogger said it best:
Friday, June 06, 2008
- Live in the HOT south!
- Stay out doors almost all day, every day!
- Go swimming A LOT! (I don't mean hanging out - I mean treading water or slicing through the water really swimming. I like to put Anna in her tube and push her around the pool!)
- Chase after a 2 almost 3 year old! (age really doesn't matter as long as you run A LOT!)
- Work in the garden A LOT!
- Drink a ton of water every day!
- Get so tired you don't feel like cooking anything much less eating it!
- Don't worry about sweating! (We all know women don't sweat we perspire lol)
- Forget the mantra "Everything in moderation" Go with "If I am going to do it - I WILL do it right".
I will let ya'll know how this diet goes. I can already tell a little difference in my clothes. I am even getting into some of my old ones! YAY ME!
*Disclaimer~Don't forget sunscreen! Watch out for your child because they will get as tired as you and then they get cranky! On the brighter side of that Anna is napping and sleeping better then ever!
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Sunday pm we went back to church for choir practice and she said
"Mommy lets go see Jesus" pointing at the sanctuary.
I was trying to get her to drink water before letting her have something else. She said "Mommy, I can't drink it makes my neck hurts!"
We have been working on manners since the day she started talking.
If she burps she will go "I burped, xcuse me *pause* thank you." I would say excuse me after she burped and she would repeat it and then I would say thank you. Now she thinks it all goes together.
Same thing if she passes gas. A while back she was playing in her room and came running to me in the kitchen. She said "Mommy I tooted! Xcuse me, thank you." Then she just ran back to her room to continue doing whatever it was she was doing.
Here is the song Anna is learning to sing at the moment. Enjoy!
Monday, June 02, 2008
Sunday, June 01, 2008
This is how I spent my saturday. Finally getting most of the weeds out and putting down some natural fertilizer so that my garden will be even better. I have flowers on my squash and watermelons! After getting all sweaty and dirty I washed off with the hose and got in Anna's kiddie pool with her. It was great fun! Oh and thanks Chris for entertaining her while I took care of the garden I couldn't have done it all without you! So, what did you do with your Saturday?