Monday, March 31, 2008
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Here it is: The F-U-N Injection Challenge: Highlighting the fun in Motherhood.
Many of life's great mysteries is the ability for our minds to play tricks on us and, I feel this is especially easy when two toddlers are fighting over which page you should read next, or when both want to wear the one and only pair of cupcake pajamas.
Sure, motherhood is hard and we all relate to that, but we all know that there is a lot of AWESOME involved.
Now run out and do something that makes you smile!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Almost a month ago I posted a WFMW about doing laundry. At the time I had just started doing it and I wasn't sure what kind of pay off with our electric bill I would have. This is a follow up because I still LOVE hanging out clothes. I now know what kind of pay off it is having and let me just say that as long as I have room to do it I will never go back! On our bill it shows you this month, last month and a year ago. On this months bill it looks a little like this:
This month: $70
Last month: $90
a year ago: $100
I don't know about ya'll but my electric bill has never been $70. Now mind you we aren't using the a/c yet because we open the windows and let the pretty spring air in during the day. We do turn the heat on low at night cause I don't want my baby to get cold. & We are not really using our dishwasher either but the a/c and dishwasher have been out of use for a few months now. So that means that $20 of savings came from just turning off our dryer!
The things I love about hanging clothes out!
- obviously I love the savings. I can't wait to see the difference this summer!
- I love being outside and so does Anna.
- I love being more active. Being on a mission to lose weight any extra movement is good.
- Hanging the clothes up outside also helps me to stay on top of my laundry. I know that I need to do a load a day or at least every other day or I will be behind.
- I love listening to the birds sing and Anna laugh while I am doing it.
- I LOVE that it is helping me teach Anna. The line you see down below is Anna's line. After I hang all the big clothes up we go to her line and we hang them up together. She loves it and can almost do it by herself now. I still put it on the line and let her get it from me and then she clips it by herself. She feels so proud after she finishes!
If you have anything that works for you join in at Rocks in my Dryer!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
I don't know why I got off on that tangent lol. I love being a Mommy and it shows I guess lol.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
- I had to get an art project together for the kids!
- I had to study my Sunday School lesson.
- I had to get Anna's Easter basket out!
- I need to get myself ready.
- Gather everything for Anna to get ready.
- We are going to stop and get doughnuts for the kiddos.
- I would like to run into Target or Wally world and get some stones. If I had studied my lesson ahead of time it had a great idea about giving the kids stones as a reminder that Jesus can do anything. So if we have time I would like to do that. I might just go throw some clothes on and run up to walmart right now. Of course if I do that I will wake my mother-in-law up. Sorry Lynn, if I did that!
That is all I can think of at the moment that I needed to do.
Thank you for sending Your son to die on the cross for me! I try to remind myself daily that I am worthy and loved by You. Help me to understand the true meaning of Easter and the sacrifice you and your son made for me! Help me to portray that to my kids in Sunday School and every other day of the year to everyone I meet. Be with our choir this morning Lord as we sing your praises. Help us to sound pleasing to the ear so that everyone will listen to the words and not to mistakes. Bring people into our church that need to hear your word and just open their hearts and minds. I pray that you will help my family have a nice day honoring you! Help us to bond and laugh and love even more than usual! I am truly blessed by you with the family I have. I realize that every day. Thank you so much for providing for our needs and some of our wants. I pray that you will help me give back to you and love you as you deserve. Please forgive me for all of my sins Lord! My sins that caused your son so much pain so very long ago. Help me to learn from my mistakes and move forward. Thank you for assuring me that all I have to do is ask for forgiveness and I will receive it. Lord I want to pray for my First Place class today. Today will be a time for families getting together and eating yummy but not so healthy foods. Help us to keep it under control and enjoy enough to make us happy but not be gluten's lol. I pray that you will be with my inlaws on their trip home and help them to stay safe! I pray all of this in your name ~ Jesus! Amen
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Friday, March 21, 2008
There is an email floating around that really touches me. It reveals a story written by a teenage boy for school about Heaven. He said that he sees the entry as going into a vault of sorts with thousands of drawers. Those drawers contained the story of his life. The good and the bad! The bad drawers are totally embarrassing and it contained stuff that he was hoping no one would ever know about. Jesus would come into that room and shake his head. But because the boy believes that Jesus died on the cross for his sins Jesus would go through and sign his name over the boys on every sin.
I have sinned plenty in my life ~ some big things, some little! It hurts for me to know that Jesus suffered because of my sin! I am not perfect but I am saved! I will go to Heaven and I will get to see Jesus! I will be embarrassed to discuss my sins. I will be EXCITED to know that even though I have sinned and failed in so many ways ~ I will be accepted into Heaven because of what Jesus did for me! I hope that I will get to see you in Heaven!
This weekend I am going to be naughty though because I am going to enjoy a yummy Easter Dinner! Hopefully I won't gain it all back!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
This is what we did this morning! We went to see a hatchery that was at the mall. It just so happens that we know the people working it so Anna was more than willing to see the baby chicks. She petted them but wouldn't hold them which is probably a good thing lol. I held a few of them and they were so soft and wiggly. It did make me flashback though to a time when I was not much older then Anna. It was Easter and I got a baby chick and so did my brother. If I recall it correctly (which you never know, my memory is pretty shotty) I held that baby chick so hard that I ended up killing it. I flashed back to that when I was holding these baby chicks. However, I am happy to report that when we left all of them were alive and still very wiggly! Yay me! Maybe it was a breakthrough lol!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
- Walking through a store, Anna goes to the bra section: She said "Mommy, brog for my boobies" as she is saying this she is covering her boobies and pointing at one of the largest bras I had ever seen lol.
- We have a large bridge that we have to go over sometimes. Coming over it a few weeks ago she says: "Mommy on the bridge" I said "yes baby we are on the bridge" She said "Mommy, I know that!" Can't you just hear the eyes rolling!
- She tells me "Not funny"!
- Our doggie passed away this past week. I tried to explain that he went to heaven to be with Jesus so she said "OH, he's at church!"
- She also said walking out the door "Bye Buddy" She stopped and thought about. Realized that he wasn't here any longer and stomped her foot and went "Oh, man!"
- Watching the Dancing with the Stars show she said about one of the dancers (I will not mention his name because I really like him) "Mommy, He's pulling poopy out!" I don't know what made her think this unless it was because he was wearing tux with tails.
Hope you enjoyed our Tiny Talk! Go to NB7 for more Tiny Talk Tuesday!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Sweet Dreams baby!
I don't think I mentioned that my neighbors house was broken into last week. The good neighbor not the crazy people. She said that the cops explained that 3 guys are breaking into houses all over our neighborhood and taking whatever they can get but are specifically looking for guns. They have stolen 30 guns! How frightening is that? It makes me so ready to leave this town and move on. I have been ready for a while anyway but wow! Of course, I have been making more friends and having more fun so that will be hard to leave behind! I hope we get to move soon though the thought of someone breaking into our house terrifies me. Considering that we are home almost ALL the time, I know that might detour them but you never know. Or the thought of someone out there with 30 guns, YIKES! What are they planning to do with those?
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Saturday we had a great time. We took Anna and my neighbors 1.5 year old son to an egg hunt and to the park. Some of our friends invited us and we hadn't seen them in a while so decided to go. It was a lot of fun although wow the difference between Anna and this little boy were so vast it was wild. He isn't talking at all and is still very wobbly on his feet.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
This is the view off of the back balcony the day that we arrived. Can you see the clouds hanging low over the mountain?
Anna warming her hands in front of the fire. This just came to her naturally I didn't instruct her to do it.
Now she is playing Chess. We have such a smart little girl lol.
Here she is with Yia Yia waiting on dinner.
Here is the last of the sunsetting!
Here she is with me on the day we were leaving. Such clear skies!
Enjoy the pictures and I will tell you about our trip tomorrow maybe. Anna is driving me crazy at the moment so let me get her to bed!
Thursday, March 06, 2008
I need to run so I can finish getting us ready to go. But before I do I have to share a joke that Chris told Anna last night.
How did the tissue dance?
Anna put a boogie in it!
Anna didn't quite get it but I thought it was cute! Have a good weekend everyone and I will see ya'll Monday or Tuesday! With pictures!!!
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
I never realized how much I depended on the camera to capture moments that I don't want to forget. Since I don't have it I thought I would put it down in words here.
- Anna and Daddy playing the Atari. Sitting close together so Daddy could help with the joy stick!
- Anna sitting on the back door step with her arm wrapped around her baby watching the rain come down.
- Anna putting a blanket over poor KO when he gets cold.
- Anna playing excitedly with her friends at the park.
- Anna in her swim suit.
- Anna in her new tennis shoes.
- Anna's little clothes hanging on the line. I don't know why but it just looks so cute and I have to get a picture of it.
- Anna's first taste of Peeps. (She didn't like them it was to funny!)
- Anna pushing her baby in our swing on the back porch.
I am sure there have been more in my almost 2 weeks of missed moments but these are the ones that stand out the most. Oh and I need a video of Anna playing in the sheets while they hang on the line. She loves to run in and out of them. I am sure I will have the opportunity to get most of them again but still...
Daddy: You mean funny like Daddy
Monday, March 03, 2008
Have I told you all how much Anna likes it outside? If I haven't mentioned it she LOVES being outside. We spend at least 75% of our day in the great outdoors. Today it consisted of hanging out a load of laundry, then going to the park for 2 hours. Coming home taking in the laundry and putting out another load. After getting that done we had lunch and a gloriously long 2 hour nap!!! After nap the first thing she says is she wants to go back to the park. Instead of going to the park we go outside in the back yard where I did my Bible Study for the day. Well, I mean I tried to do my Bible Study lol Anna had other ideas she wanted to play ball. We played ball and ran around and looked up at the clouds. We attempted to see things in the clouds although Anna wasn't really cooperating. I saw a dog playing and a rhinoceros too. Then we played some more and took in the clothes.
We made homemade baked french fries and hamburgers for dinner but Anna didn't want it. She ate a few fries and a few bites of her hamburger then she decided she wanted a salad. She ate her salad and was a happy girl!
Don't forget to drink your 8 cups of water today!!!
Sunday, March 02, 2008
Anna was about 5 months in January 2006.
January 7, 2006
January 10, 2006
Feb. 14, 2006
June 14, 2006