Friday, January 30, 2009
I have been trying not to eat so much and exercise more. Anna really makes that much easier than ever before. She is all about moving her body lol. She wants to exercise ALL the time. I am afraid she gets that from her father. I have never been addicted to working out. To be honest I don't know if I ever will. I do however think I could get addicted to feeling the after effects of working out. You know the soreness of your muscles letting you know that you are working them. My stomach muscles hurt for 2 days after doing an ab workout. They don't hurt today and I miss it lol. I have joined a free weight loss website! It is awesome. They have trackers for food and for exercise. They have videos for you to work out to. I have joined the boot camp forum and am doing those videos. They are short which makes it easier to say ok it is JUST 10 minutes! Even though most of the time those 10 minutes kick my butt! I haven't really done any real exercising since before Anna. I mean sure chasing after Anna and playing with her is some exercise but to work each individual muscle and work to tone and shape things. Umm well no hasn't happened in a LONG while! It feels good to start taking care of ME.
What are you doing to take care of you?
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Tell me you can totally see my turtle, right? Ha ha I know so anyway I looked over at what Anna was doing and look at what I see!
You can totally see her dolphin, right! Isn't that cool! Now mine is questionable at best so you know my title is totally bogus. She really gets any artistic ability from my hubby! While we were both all yucked up with paints I decided to do something that we could look back on and marvel at:
I think we will do this yearly and we can see how much her hand grows. How close it gets to being big like mine.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Monday - lasagna
Tuesday - chicken and rice casserole
Wednesday - leftovers
Thursday - nachos w/chicken
Friday - Chicken Tetrazzini (see recipe below)
Saturday - hot dogs and fries
Sunday - left overs or sandwiches
10 oz. dry spaghetti -- (10 to 12)
3 cups grated cheese - Jack or Cheddar
3 Tbsp. margarine
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup -- (10 3/4 oz)
1 can cream of chicken soup -- (10 3/4 oz)
1 (10 3/4 oz) soup can milk
3 cups cooked diced chicken
salt & pepper
Cook spaghetti as directed until al dente; drain. Sauté onions in margarine. Mix onions and remaining ingredients with spaghetti in a large bowl. Put mixture in containers and freeze. To prepare for serving, thaw tetrazzini and put in a baking dish. Bake uncovered in a preheated 350* oven until bubbly, about 30-40 minutes.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
for more Surprises go HERE!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
When I was pregnant I was certain that I would not breastfeed. I thought you want me to put what, where, to do what and for how long!?! I thought it was kinda gross and unnatural. My husband encouraged me to do it. He asked me to nurse her for just 6 weeks. I researched and found all of the benefits to it and decided I could do it for just 6 weeks. In the hospital Anna was so itty bitty that they wanted me to supplement. I had a hard time nursing the first time because I didn't have a clue as to what to do. I got so very frustrated! By this time the lactation lady was gone and the nurse I asked didn't have a clue. That night was a horrible night. I kept trying and I couldn't work it out. Which meant I had to supplement more. I hated it! The next morning as soon as the lactation consultant was on duty I had her come to my room. She showed me how to hold Anna and how to get her to latch on. It was a relief just knowing what to do. After that it got much easier but every time I had to supplement I hated it! Finally I decided to stop supplementing and see what happened. Guess what happened my milk came in and she got plenty from me. We nursed for almost 2 years. I loved every minute and I still miss it!
Tips I Wish I Had Known
- Talk to the lactation person at the hospital as soon as you can after delivery. They say breastfeeding comes naturally but for a lot of moms it really doesn't.
- Start putting Lansinoh on your nipp1es about 2 weeks before delivery. This will help prevent cracking when you first start nursing.
- When you take your shower don't use soap on your nipp1es. That will simply dry them out which causes cracking or splitting.
- Know that nursing is not always easy. Sometimes it is very HARD!
- Don't be afraid to try the different positions. When Anna was first born she was so little we had to do the football hold (her feet down by my side and holding her head in my hand to get her there) as she got bigger that one didn't work so good so we had to go to the cradle hold (holding her across your stomach).
- Pumping is even harder than nursing (or at least it was for me.) I never could figure it all out. Definitely talk to someone if you are going to need to pump!
- RELAX!!! If you aren't relaxed you won't have a let down which will lead to a crying baby. I had this problem a few times and as soon as I could make myself relax it was all better.
- Resign yourself to sleeping in a bra for a while. Otherwise you will have milk everywhere!
- Be sure to get a nursing bra. Typically you will need a size larger than you have while you are pregnant. However, don't run out and buy 3 bras in that size buy 1 just in case, you might need one larger or smaller.
- You don't need special pajamas or clothes really. You can get a night gown with buttons or if you wear pajamas you can either get one with a top with buttons or just pull it up and over.
- You should not get blisters. If you are getting blisters the latch is wrong. See someone for help.
- Buy stock in nursing pads. Don't forget to take them with you to the hospital. The minute your milk comes in you will start leaking.
- Enjoy each and every moment of this special bonding. It doesn't matter if you do it for 6 weeks or 2 years it is an incredible bonding experience.
- If or when you get engorged get a hot shower. It will do you wonders! If you are engorged enough you can even watch the milk shoot out.
- You can use cabbage leaves to help engorgement as well but be careful because it will effect your supply if you use them to long.
- To help boost your supply you can eat almonds and drink tons of water. There are also some things you can find at the health food stores to help like Fenugreek.
- When they start getting teeth you will probably need to adjust the latch.
- Never be afraid to ask for help. If you don't want to talk to someone you know or don't know anyone to ask go to Kellymom.com
Reasons to breastfeed
- You always have milk! No carting stuff around with you.
- You don't have to make bottles in the middle of the night or any other time.
- You don't have to wash bottles!
- It is the healthiest food for your baby.
- It does create an amazing bond.
- My husband's favorite: It is FREE!!!
- Maybe this one is my husband's favorite: You get a nice pair of girls!
- You can soothe your baby at the drop of a hat or a lift of a shirt. ;)
- It is great when they are sick. It keeps them hydrated much better than anything else.
- They tend to have fewer ear infections and colds, generally speaking. I know there are tons of bottle babies that don't have many either but as a whole this is true.
The Down side
- You are the only one that can do it.
- You might not be comfortable doing it in public at first. I use to sit in the car to do it or if I was shopping go to a dressing room. Anna was to nosey so she would constantly pop off and I didn't want to show my goods to the world.
- You have to sleep in a bra lol.
I am not telling you to breastfeed or you are a horrible mother. I think it is a personal preference. It was much easier to me than bottles. I tell people all the time I took the lazy way out lol. I did occasionally supplement even after we brought her home but typically she would do that projectile spit up thing so I stopped doing that. Nursing worked for us and I hope to have the chance to do it again.
Incidentally, if you don't want to nurse you can use cabbage leaves in your bra to help dry yourself up.
What works for you? If you want more great tips go HERE!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
When I was in high school I loved football season. No I don't know a thing about it. Well, I do know an incomplete pass, a fumble and a touchdown but other than that I am totally clueless. I still loved football season! I loved the excitement of the game. We had an awesome football team! They were really good. The fans were constantly on their feet and the band was always playing fun music. I usually sat near the band so I could stomp and clap and sing. I would also spend a lot of time walking around chatting with friends and don't forget checking out the "tight ends". Oops did I say that?
This is my senior picture. Just wanted to show you how cute I was!
This was before I went out and rocked the house!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
- A heart breaking story about a sick little girl. Through a doctors eyes!
- Mommy Wars. They continue even when your children get older!
- A New Sheriff in Town. Isn't he a doll!
- Growing and changing. Our kids as well as ourselves.
- Got Sleep? This is an old one but still very good. Perfect for those of us still not getting a full nights sleep!
- Pioneer Woman. Probably every one is reading her but if not here is her story on how she met her hubby and fell madly in love. Her whole blog is worth checking out though!
- Start your day by eating a frog! I think I will have to try this lol.
- This is a fabulous story about a key. It is great really go read it!
- Veiled! A story of a family at Disney living in Texas but from Saudi Arabia.
- A story about letting children learn some things on their own.
- Carpet colors should be named after the kinds of dirt they will best hide.
- Taking one "good" picture a day for one entire year.
- Has your husband ever done this?
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Mommy: To bad it isn't snowing instead of raining!
Anna: It's not cold enough Mama!
Anna: Mama, I have a boo boo on my thumb. I need a bam bam. (band aid)
Mommy: Come on Anna lets put these pajamas on.
Anna: No I want to wear my princess ones.
Mommy: Don't you know Anna all Cheerleaders are Princess's!
Anna: Pondering this, "oh ok, I will wear these."
Anna: I want to watch Sleeping B00ty!
For more cute Tiny Talk go HERE!
Monday, January 12, 2009
So do any of you have a good way to deal with the preschool blues?
Friday, January 09, 2009
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Saturday, January 03, 2009
- Let's not talk about that/it. (From something she is in trouble for or how to do something; If she isn't interested tht is what she says.)
- You are not sposed to do that! (She loves informing people when they do something silly, that they are not supposed to do that but it sounds so cute when she says it.)
- She told her Pop "Don't getfor I need a biscuit tomorrow!" I love the way she says forget. It is totally backwards and adorable.
- "What?" with her hand tossed in the air to emphasis it.
- Her favorite question is still "Where are we going now?)
- She propped her pillows up and started snoring. She peeked up and said "I like casey". (Sorry Casey it was too cute not to share.)
Thursday, January 01, 2009
Anna's vocabulary is pretty much clear all the time now. Last year I understood her pretty much all the time but others only understood her about 50% of the time.
She will actually sit and watch a little tv where as of the beginning of last year that wouldn't happen.
Anna can ride a bicycle. She learned how to ride a tricycle during last summer. Now has progressed to a big girl bike!
She can climb her tree and swing from a branch and drop to the ground. She has always enjoyed climbing it and she loves being able to do more with it. Although it is pretty scary for me lol.
She enjoys tumbling on the floor.
She enjoys jumping from the stool to the chair. Pulling it apart to see how far she can jump. I do have a limit for her on that one!
She enjoys getting together with her best friends Allie and Brooks.
We have play dates with Allie at least once a week usually twice a week. Brooks is a little harder to see but we try to see him at least once every two weeks. And of course we see them both at church.
She learned how to swim under the water and the basics of swimming on top.
I have read the entire Twilight series. I got sucked into that world and couldn't get out lol. I would highly recommend them to anyone. They are such an easy read and keep you wanting to turn the page.
I have started decluttering my house. It is a long process but I have made some progress.
I lost about 15 pounds this past year and I think I managed to keep it off. Maybe I can go for 20 this year.
I am going to start riding bikes with Anna to help with that.
OK so Anna was way more exciting than me lol.