Friday, February 08, 2008

Lighten Up Friday

I am so very excited to do this today! I have lost 2 POUNDS!!! YAY ME!!! I finally feel like I can take charge of this thing and beat the beast so to speak. I think I just need structure lol. I will forever be starting up First Place classes no matter what church I go to. I even resisted an urge to stop and get something yummy like a spicy chicken sandwich or something on the way home from being out and about today. That is HUGE for me because I have a hard time with that, which is why I either go out really early or not at all just so I don't have the temptation. Today we didn't get home as early as I like but resisted and instead came home and had some of our left over yummy chili! I love that stuff! I have to figure out what I will do for dinner tonight. I know I am going to make a yummy salad. Maybe we will have some grilled pork chops and wild rice to go with it. I need a good relatively healthy recipe for cole slaw that is what I really want so maybe I will look that up and do that instead of a salad.

Thanks for being with me through this rough journey. It helps just putting it all out there and getting support from you guys.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have struggled with weight most of my life, so I can empathize with you. Good work - you should be proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! Every battle won just gets you that much closer to winning the war! Go you!!

    I have the same issue with driving around and being tempted. I've started keeping granola bars in my car so i can munch on something healthier when hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now ya here!