Monday, January 14, 2008

Children's book review ~ just for fun!


Moo, Baa, La La La ~ No, No that isn't right ~ Pigs say oink All day and All night!

I think that is one of the cutest little books that Anna has to read. It is entertaining and educational. It is fun and bouncy. Anna enjoys feeling like she is reading it. I will read the first part on the page like: The Cow says and she will say MOOOOO! She feels like she is participating instead of just listening. I love how excited she gets about reading! Thank you to Sandra Boynton and all the other children's books writers for helping us create a love of reading at a young age!

I love all of Sandra Boynton's books. We read them all the time and I don't even get tired of them. If you don't have any of her books I recommend that you run right out and buy at least one! Maybe the Hippopotamus book it is really good too!
By the way I thought I would add that I was not paid for this review lol!

3 comments:

  1. I like her books too. Someone gave me "Snuggle Puppy" at my baby shower. Hey - I took your advice and started my own Mommy Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her books are awesome! You know she has 3 books with CDs, right? They are great! We own Philadelphia Chickens the kids love to look at the pictures while listening to the CDs. Several great celebs on the CDs too. The Bacon Brothers, Meryl Streep, Jamie Lee Curtis, and The Spin Doctors just to give you an idea. ANYWAY her books and book/cd sets are all incredible. We love her.
    Great review but now I will be reciting that book all day long:) I started teaching in 2000 and this was one of the favorite books with my 2 year olds. I was able to use it as a transition helper too. We would move from one activity to the next while reciting the words from the book. It got the kids attention enough, but still allowed them to finish up what they were doing so we could move on!
    I could ramble on and on about her and the impact she has had on my kids and the kids I have had in my care but I will keep it short and just say I agree 100% with you if someone doesn't have a Sandra Boynton book they need to check them out ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. If you love her books, you'll adore her music. I love dancing to it while I'm making dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now ya here!