Friday, January 04, 2008

2008 - The year of weight loss!

I was reading over at Letters to my Daughters and she stated what her year was about and listed out very specific goals. So I thought maybe that would be a good idea for me as well.

So my year will be the year of weight loss!

1) I will lose at least 50 lbs over the course of the next year. With a total weight loss goal of 100 lbs. Scary, huh. I figure if I break it down into two years it won't be so frightening. If I can do it faster than that great if not thats ok too. As long as I can keep it off and not gain any extra!

2) I will exercise starting at 30 minutes daily at least 5 days a week. Working my way into an hour a day 5-6 days a week.

3) I will start eating healthier: less pasta and starches and more veggies and fruits

4) I will start creating a menu in advance to make #3 easier.

5) I will report weekly on my blog my progress. Including weight loss or God forbid gain and any trials that I have faced over the week. This will help me stay accountable to myself.

If anyone has any tried and true weight loss ideas I would love to hear them!

I will put a picture of me on here soon for the before! I need to get Anna down for her nap first!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'll be here for support and venting. Maybe you'll inspire me to get off my butt and get going as well. I have an ultimate goal loss of 100 pounds as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, girl! I'm right there with you; we've committed to eat healthier and be more active over here in the Dirty Laundry Household!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:32 AM

    That is an awesome goal. I struggle with my weight too, and I often feel what a gift it is to give our children to take care of ourselves. After all, if we eat right and are not cranky and having mood swings or feeling terrible from overeating, we are more fun to be around. If we exercise and are active, we have more energy to play with them and keep order in our homes. On the other hand, if we don't do it, we are being selfish in a way because we are depriving them of years with the most important person in their lives. I know people always say, "Do it for yourself," when they talk about getting fit, and I do think we should put ourselves on the list of people we are doing this for. But I also think that we moms will do more and care more when we do it for our kids, too.
    My best tip (from times when I have lost 100+ lbs) is, if you are a person of faith, pray, pray, pray. Whenever you are tempted, whenever you are sad or happy or otherwise emotional, ask for help to resist temptation. Remember, "I can do all things through Christ who is my help." Good luck! (And by the way, you look very cute in your "before" picture!)

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now ya here!