Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday!

Today represents the day that my Lord, Jesus Christ died for me! There is a song we are singing Sunday during our Easter worship that says it all: I'll never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross! The song is "Here I am to Worship". An innocent man that was so good and wonderful died on that cross with the weight of the world on him. He was tortured more than most men that were put on the cross. He didn't have to do it but He did for you and me! He did it so that our debt for our sins would be paid.

There is an email floating around that really touches me. It reveals a story written by a teenage boy for school about Heaven. He said that he sees the entry as going into a vault of sorts with thousands of drawers. Those drawers contained the story of his life. The good and the bad! The bad drawers are totally embarrassing and it contained stuff that he was hoping no one would ever know about. Jesus would come into that room and shake his head. But because the boy believes that Jesus died on the cross for his sins Jesus would go through and sign his name over the boys on every sin.

I have sinned plenty in my life ~ some big things, some little! It hurts for me to know that Jesus suffered because of my sin! I am not perfect but I am saved! I will go to Heaven and I will get to see Jesus! I will be embarrassed to discuss my sins. I will be EXCITED to know that even though I have sinned and failed in so many ways ~ I will be accepted into Heaven because of what Jesus did for me! I hope that I will get to see you in Heaven!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all come back now ya here!