Almost a month ago I posted a WFMW about doing laundry. At the time I had just started doing it and I wasn't sure what kind of pay off with our electric bill I would have. This is a follow up because I still LOVE hanging out clothes. I now know what kind of pay off it is having and let me just say that as long as I have room to do it I will never go back! On our bill it shows you this month, last month and a year ago. On this months bill it looks a little like this:
This month: $70
Last month: $90
a year ago: $100
I don't know about ya'll but my electric bill has never been $70. Now mind you we aren't using the a/c yet because we open the windows and let the pretty spring air in during the day. We do turn the heat on low at night cause I don't want my baby to get cold. & We are not really using our dishwasher either but the a/c and dishwasher have been out of use for a few months now. So that means that $20 of savings came from just turning off our dryer!
The things I love about hanging clothes out!
- obviously I love the savings. I can't wait to see the difference this summer!
- I love being outside and so does Anna.
- I love being more active. Being on a mission to lose weight any extra movement is good.
- Hanging the clothes up outside also helps me to stay on top of my laundry. I know that I need to do a load a day or at least every other day or I will be behind.
- I love listening to the birds sing and Anna laugh while I am doing it.
- I LOVE that it is helping me teach Anna. The line you see down below is Anna's line. After I hang all the big clothes up we go to her line and we hang them up together. She loves it and can almost do it by herself now. I still put it on the line and let her get it from me and then she clips it by herself. She feels so proud after she finishes!
If you have anything that works for you join in at Rocks in my Dryer!