Saturday, September 01, 2007

"D" Day

Well today is my Doom's Day. Or at least it feels like it. My stomach is churning and I can't stop crying. I am being such a baby but I can't help it. Last night I had to go to bed with Anna because she was having a rough night. I woke up this morning and Buddy was laying in there beside the bed. We gate them off in the kitchen and he had barely pushed the gate over to get through. I don't know how he had enough room to get through honestly. I got up and snuggled with him for a while. This is so much harder than I ever imagined and trust me I have a great imagination.
My prayer for today.
Dear God,
Please help Cindy to have a safe trip here and back home. Help her to bond quickly with Buddy and Maggie. Find a way for me to make complete peace with what we are doing today. Explaining to Anna has been difficult and I know she doesn't really "get" it. So please make this an easy transition for her. I pray that you will help Anna have a good day with her Yia Yia and Pop and not feel all of my anxiety and upset. Most importantly, please be with Buddy and Maggie. Help this be a smooth transition for them and help them adjust and grow to love Cindy. Make sure they know that they can be happy there and that I will always love them. Just keep your arms wrapped around all of us through this and make your presence known. Thank you Lord for helping us find the perfect person to take them and just keep reminding me that you are in control!
I love you Lord and I appreciate all that you do in my life!
AMEN!

2 comments:

  1. OH, bless your heart. I know how hard this must be for you, and you're in my prayers.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness ... that's gotta be hard. It will take time. Take care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now ya here!