Monday, September 17, 2007

What's new in my life!

So here I am with an update on my life lol. I lead such and exciting life between diapers and dinners lol. No seriously, I have a great life. Anna has been such a joy lately. Well except when she is throwing her temper tantrums or telling me shhhhh, hush! That thankfully isn't to often so she is great lol. She has been super loving and playful and quite the chatter box. I will tell you all about that tomorrow.

I started choir practice last week and apparently they really like me. They have asked that I do a solo ooooo. I haven't done one of those since I was around 18 - 20. Makes me nervous but a little excited too. I will keep you guys posted on the progress of that. We have to find the right song for me because I don't want to make a complete fool of myself. I like to sing soprano but I am probably a better match to alto. I can hit some high notes but am much more comfy in the middle range I guess you could say lol. We will find a good one for me!

Today, Anna & I went to an outdoor park and actually stayed for over an hour. This is a first since probably early June. We had so much fun. She was doing all of the big kid stuff and scarying the poopy out of me lol. I forgot the camera in the car so I don't have any pictures but I am sure we will be going later in the week since we are looking at temps in the low 80's for most of the week. YAY!!! I can't take much more heat. So anyway, the park we went to has 2 playgrounds. One for 2-5 year olds and one for the older kids. We started out on the little one and she ran and played and had a big time. Climbing the little chain wall thing they have and climbing up the slides and going down them. Hiding in a tunnel and all of that fun stuff. Then she decided she should go to the big playground. So off we went. She climbed on their big ladder type thing that scares me lol and climbed up the tall slides. You would never guess she were only 2 well except for her size. She looks pretty funny out there all tiny and climbing all of these things big kids usually do. You gotta love her spunk and courage. You could tell when she would get a little nervous but then she would square her little shoulders and trudge on.

Sometimes I wish it were that easy for us adults. As you get older I think we start thinking to much. We analyze everything and see all that could go wrong. I think I will attempt to be more like Anna. Trudge ahead and see what happens. Just typing that scares me lol. Oh well maybe I won't do it but it sure sounds good.

Our second week teaching Sunday School was a success! We are now teaching 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. We still only had one student but we had fun and learned about Moses and the Isrealites, after crossing the parted sea. I am learning a lot because I didn't start going to church until I was in the 10th grade so I missed all of the basic Bible stories. We learned that the Lord provided food for them in the desert, they would have died without it. They ate the same thing for 40 years straight. Can you imagine? It is incredible to me that these people would have died if not for the Lord's provisions. It was based on Exodus 16 if anyone wants to check it out. I am thankful that Lord provides us with all that we need! Even the variety that we crave lol.

I will have an update on Melissa and Gina soon. Oh and I need to find out about Chris's cousin as well. So I will update you guys on that probably tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great week and enjoy being with family! Our children are so precious. Just hearing about Gina makes me more aware of how precious a gift children truly are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all come back now ya here!