Monday, January 26, 2009

Menu Monday

It has taken me all morning to work this menu. Both Food Lion and Kroger have good sales today so I think I will go to both. I know such a pain huh but hey we do what we can to save a few bucks! Here is what I am looking at for this week.

Monday - lasagna

Tuesday - chicken and rice casserole

Wednesday - leftovers

Thursday - nachos w/chicken

Friday - Chicken Tetrazzini (see recipe below)

Saturday - hot dogs and fries

Sunday - left overs or sandwiches

According to my estimations I am $4 over budget. I wanted to try and get the frozen chicken packets. They are buy one get one free so I can get 2 for $13.00. We can eat off of those for several weeks saving me money down the road. However, I can't go over budget so we will see if I can work it out. I think I have a few numbers off and I might be able to cut a few things. I will let you know how it goes when I get back which will be a few hours at this rate. I can't seem to get my daughter motivated to get dressed. She has decided "I will just sit in the car!" Apparently she wants to stay in her pajamas lol.
for more menu ideas go HERE

Chicken Tetrazzini
10 oz. dry spaghetti -- (10 to 12)
3 cups grated cheese - Jack or Cheddar
3 Tbsp. margarine
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup -- (10 3/4 oz)
1 can cream of chicken soup -- (10 3/4 oz)
1 (10 3/4 oz) soup can milk
3 cups cooked diced chicken
salt & pepper

Cook spaghetti as directed until al dente; drain. Sauté onions in margarine. Mix onions and remaining ingredients with spaghetti in a large bowl. Put mixture in containers and freeze. To prepare for serving, thaw tetrazzini and put in a baking dish. Bake uncovered in a preheated 350* oven until bubbly, about 30-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all come back now ya here!