Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The good, the bad and the ugly!

With Chris being away I have experienced numerous emotions. I thought I would explore those here and see what we get lol. Aren't you excited!?!

The Good! - It has been great doing things with Anna and not having to feel guilty that Chris is at work and missing so much fun. I have enjoyed spending time with friends and getting to know them better. I have enjoyed watching Anna learn how to swim! She is really learning even without lessons woo hoo. I have enjoyed having Anna all to myself lol. I thought I would be exhausted and ready for a break by now but since we are staying so busy I am loving every second with her. Now that is not to say that I am not ready for Chris to come home lol. Do I get a nap on Sunday? ;)

The Bad! - It has been tough having Anna miss her Daddy so much. She asks numerous times a day "when is Daddy coming home?" It has been tough trying to get Anna to sleep on her own without the support of Chris. I knew this would be tough and I decided to go forward with it but ugh it is harder than I thought. At least this way it won't interfere with Chris when he has to go to work. It has been hard wanting to share the cute things Anna says or does with Chris and not be able too. This one has probably been the toughest. I find myself numerous times a day reaching for the phone to call Chris to tell him something and remember I can't really call him.

The Ugly! - This one I am a little embarrassed to say so please don't hold it against me. I worry that Chris is going to come home on such a Spiritual High that I won't be able to keep up with him. I can hear the excitement in his voice every time I talk to him and I remember the high I was on after my mission trips. Will I be able to get swept up with him? Will I be able to help encourage him to keep that high going? Will I be a downer for him and not even mean too? I have all of these nasty thoughts in my head. Really, I know in my heart that if I give in I can ride the roller coaster with him.

I am going to ask you guys to pray for us. For me that I can get swept away in his excitement for Jesus Christ! For him that he will continue on this euphoric high even after he comes back to reality. For our youth that they will make any decisions that they need to make. They will have a time for that tomorrow night during there service. Chris said that he thinks there are several decisions brewing under the surface. Thank you all for listening to my rambling about my time alone and for any prayers that you can offer!

3 comments:

  1. I'll say a prayer for your family. Just remember that God works in mysterious ways and I'm sure he has a plan for you both! many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will be just as excited as he is! I will keep y'all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:40 PM

    You are a beautiful person and a wonderful mom. Hang in there! (And record her cute/smart stuff in a journal (written or photo). Then, you can share it with your hubby when he is settled back in. I'll keep you in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now ya here!