Thursday, October 02, 2008

Rocking Chairs, Rocking Babies!

Tuesday Anna and I had a playdate with friends. Anna was feeling a little fiesty or off kilter or something. She cried any time I asked her not to do something or she would cry if the other kids were doing something and she had to wait her turn. I didn't know what was going on but we stayed and worked our way through it. When one of our friends left and it was just Anna and Allie it was as if the sun had come out. Apparently she didn't want to share her friend! We stayed a while longer and we were out sitting in the yard when this really odd bug started flying around me. I moved out of his way and then realized it was a baby and its Mommy had been under the arm of the chair. The baby landed on its Mommy's side and hung out there. My friend Shanda and I decided the baby was nursing (do bugs do that? lol) Anyway, then after watching for a few minutes we decided maybe the Mom was dead. I mean seriously, she hadn't moved in about 5 minutes not to mention she didn't mind having me sit on the chair or Shanda touch her. Finally, I saw her little legs moving so we knew she was alive. Anna and Allie kept asking what they were doing so we told them the baby was drinking milk. They continued to ask so we said oh they must be taking a nap now. Anna looked down there and said "but where is their rocking chair?" My sweet baby girl apparently thinks you shouldn't take a nap without a rocking chair lol. During the week, yes, I still rock her to sleep even though she is 3 years old. I still hold precious those moments when we get to snuggle and cuddle and just be still with one another. I love to feel her breathe on my cheek or my arm. I love to have her snuggle a little closer when she feels me stand up to lay her down. I love when she gets to bed and she looks up at me and then just rolls over and goes right back to sleep. It is like she has this complete trust that I will be there when she wakes up and I will protect her while she sleeps. I am going to cherish it as long as I can because I know it will not last forever and all to soon she will not need me (as much).

1 comment:

  1. What a cool looking bug and it's baby bug! And how sweet is little Anna to think of the rocking chair.

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now ya here!