Thursday, April 03, 2008

Standing Back!

You might consider me terrible but I find great pleasure in standing back and watching Anna. By this I mean when she is trying to do something paticularly challenging I will stand back and see how she reacts to it. Mind you I would never leave her in a dangerous situation! I do so enjoy watching her working out how to climb through holes on her toy outside or how to manage getting one baby out of the stroller and another one in without putting either one down. It has been exciting watching how her little mind works. You can almost see the wheels turning in her head.

She is a very determined child and she almost always works it out one way or another. Occassionally if it is something extra tough she will say "Mommmmmy ~ help ME!" I don't mind that either. I like to see her learn and do for herself but a little part of me likes to be needed too. She has been working out how to go potty all by herself. You know she has been trained for some time but I always go with her and help her with her clothes and with washing her hands. Now she goes "I do it" even though she wants me to go with her she just wants me for moral support lol. I do have to help if she has on pants that button she hasn't gotten the hang of all that. It is probably my fault though cause I just jump in there for fear of wetting herself while trying to get her pants down lol.

I kind of got off on a tangent there lol. I was writing this because the other day I was watching her outside with her baby on her outdoor toy. She was working through something I don't even remember what she was trying to do but she was talking to the baby telling her what she was going to try. I couldn't help but laugh because she looked so like me at that moment. Since she was a baby I talk to her constantly. I tell her what we are going to do, why we were going to do it and all of the details as I go along. She was doing that with her baby and it was so very adorable. She and the baby worked it out and solved the puzzle without any help from me. It took her a few tries but she got it.

I haven't done the tiny talk in a few weeks but her language improves daily. She still has days where she is speaking in tongues but most of the time she is speaking in clear full sentences. Her favorite sentences start with "don't" like: Don't touch that, its mine! or Don't make that noise again! She is trying to work out the whole me, my or I thing so sometimes you will get: me go there! or something like that.

Well, my sunshine is up and ready for some Mommy and me time! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all come back now ya here!