Monday, April 07, 2008

Memory Lane Monday!

I have decided to try something new. I would like to document things that have happened in my life, you know for Anna to have or just for me to go back in time. If anyone would like to join me down this road leave me a message and a link and I will come read your stories!

My memory is kind of sketchy. I don't know why this is but it is. One of my first memories is from when I was a little girl of about 4 or 5. We were moving from this little yellow house in one town to a bigger brick house about 20 minutes away. I was upset as we pulled out of the driveway because my brother had either actually thrown something on the roof or pretended too. I can't remember if it was done or if he pretended. He was 3 years older than me and a brat lol. That is one of my most vivid memories.

The house that we were leaving held a few memories too. It was an older house. It had all hardwood floors, or as far as I can remember anyway. My bedroom had hardwood floors (what I wouldn't give for those today lol). Anyway, every night when I would go to bed I would run and dive onto the bed. The boards would creak every time you would hit it in a certain spot. I was terrified that monsters were going to grab my ankles and yank me under the bed. I guess even at such a young age I had a vivid imagination!

Next week I will tell you about the time I was chased by the bull at my Grandma's house! Come on join me down memory lane!

1 comment:

  1. Candace, I did the very same running & jumping into the bed trick cause I just KNEW there were monsters under my bed! Where did we get that idea ?!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now ya here!