Monday, October 01, 2007

A whirlwind weekend!

I have been sick for almost a week but I didn't have time to even think about it this past weekend. It started off with us heading off to see family on Thursday early afternoon so that night we could take Anna to see Disney on Ice. It was a lot of fun and Anna really enjoyed it. Her favorite parts were Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs and I can't remember what the other one is called but you can see it in the picture. Anna never sits still more than a few minutes at the time. TV has never been a baby sitter in this house. However, she managed to sit totally still and absorbed in the show for a whole hour! By intermission she was ready to go so that was the end of that. It was a lot of fun though so I am glad that we went.

Friday, we went to a garden park that my hubby and I use to go have picnics at. We went with my mil and her sister. We took crackers and stuff for a snacky picnic. Anna had other ideas for the crackers and ended up feeding them to the fish. She had a blast as we walked around the park looking around and being silly. Aunt Cindy is the queen of silly. She is super smart and uses that to her advantage. Anna was thoroughly entertained. This whole time I have been sick not like pukey sick but all of the crude inside your body sick. So that night I bargained with the inlaws and told them if they wanted to let Anna sleep with them that night & I would stay at Aunt Casey's. This way I could take Nyquil and actually get some sleep and hopefully knock the crude out! They agreed instantly of course. So that night I got Anna to sleep in their bed and headed off to an amazing nights sleep.

Saturday, we hooked back up and had some silly time. An early lunch because we had a photoshoot that afternoon. Nap was perfectly timed and for once everything actually fell in place. She woke up just before I was about to go get her. We got her dressed and ready and out the door in record time. She did pretty good with her photo shoot we got about 3 good pictures. I even got a few on my camera too. She enjoyed playing in the water fountains they had there and then for the best part (in Anna's eyes) she got to ride a lawnmower (tractor). She wouldn't ride it when it was on but she enjoyed "driving" it. She spent the night with them that night too and that night really was the most amazing nights sleep. I slept like a log. I won't say a baby because we all know babies don't sleep that great lol.

Sunday, we headed back after lunch and I am so glad to be home. It is fun to go away but I love coming home. This coming weekend Anna and I are going to a family reunion. It will be a 4 hour drive that we will probably turn into at least 5 hours. Hopefully it will go well and we will have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all come back now ya here!