Monday, September 08, 2008

Weekend Projects!


A lot of work was done around the house this weekend. We had friends come in for the weekend and Kevin is a jack of all trades. He helped complete many tasks around the house that have been begging for completion. He fixed the window sill in our guest bedroom, hung our blinds in the living room, repaired some holes in our walls (now all Chris has to do is paint them), replaced a light fixture in the kitchen, fixed the light in the hall, hung the fence gate that Chris made months ago and finished it by making a small gate door to go through. He also helped check our plumbing and did a few things along those lines as well. I hope Kevin knows how much we appreciate ALL he did for us this weekend. I don't know how he got it all done but he is pretty incredible.



I had the priviledge of hanging out with his wife and son. Anna fell in love with Kyle and I have to admit I did too. He is such a sweetheart. He would open the car door for Anna and let her "fix" his hair for about 30 minutes. Then they played "cops and robbers" together. I took them to the park for a while and we witnessed these little girls swearing like sailors and being hateful to anyone that glanced in their direction. Needless to say we didn't get to stay long. Natalie is a lot of fun to hang out with too. We went to the flea market here and I found Anna an adorable Halloween costume. I will go back and get it soon. She is a NICU nurse and she is so good with Anna. Anna couldn't help but fall for her. They laughed together and did hair together. Natalie figured out what most people take a while to get: The way to Anna's heart!
Sunday Chris didn't get to go to church with us because they were finishing the gate. I had Sunday School and Children's church without him. Sunday School was ok but Children's Church let me just say WOW. Those kids are loud and energetic lol. Jason our friend was recruited to help me and he said afterwards next Sunday he would rather go get a root canal lol. Now he said it jokingly but I am thinking he is a little right. It would probably be a little less painful lol.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like y'all got a lot done. I'm glad you had a fun time with some friends. I had some friends over this past weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, I have an award for you on my site!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now ya here!