Thursday, February 01, 2007

Let's talk about being sick and more.

I have a terrible headcold and so does Anna. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! We are both miserable. I think the hardest part, well one of the hardest parts, for me is looking into Anna's eyes and seeing how bad she feels. Knowing that I can't do anything to make it go away. I don't know about anyone else but I hate for my daughter to feel bad. I would rather take a double dose rather than let her get it. Unfortunately, life doesn't work that way and we both end up miserable. We were both terribly cranky last night. It made for a very long night until bed time. Bed time finally rolled around and Anna went down without any trouble. However, about an hour later she was up because she couldn't breath. Bless her heart, I so felt her pain. Her Daddy just went ahead and brought her to our bed. I nursed her back to sleep and drifted off to lala land myself. Apparently, during the night Anna would whine and sit up and I was none the wiser, her Daddy informed me this morning. I said no wonder I feel like I had a pretty good nights sleep. I guess I slept through it all. That is the beauty of still nursing. It manages to put her right back to sleep anytime!!!
.
Another advantage of still nursing is that yesterday she didn't really eat anything but she nursed plenty. So I know that she was still getting what she needed and was staying hydrated. Just thought I would throw that in if anyone reads this and is considering nursing! You know when I was pregnant I didn't want to nurse. My DH talked me into it. He told me all the advantages; better health, bonding, it is FREE!!! I think the last one was the one that really intrigued him lol. So I gave it a shot and I said I will do it for 6 weeks that is it! Well umm we are at 18 months just a little over my goal lol. We really only nurse for naps and bedtime now. I figure once we get through cold and flu season we will gently start nudging towards weaning. I am not really ready but the thought of nursing a 3 year old scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all come back now ya here!