Thursday, February 22, 2007

A rollercoaster night!

Do you know the feeling of thinking you have had it and can't really take any more? I was there last night just tired, exhausted just thinking about all that I need to do with the house etc. Then Anna starts acting so cute for me it really just lightened my heart! She was being a very good girl while I got dinner started and then she suddenly laid down in the floor and said night, night. After I responded in kind she started making the cutest little snoring sounds! She is such a joy ~ I am so blessed to have her in my life. Later she was playing in her drawer I mentioned HERE! She decided to dump all of her toys out and climb in. She was so cute I had to get some pictures!!!


I know I probably shouldn't encourage such behaviour but look at those pics and tell me how I could resist! She really is such a good girl but last night for really the first time ever she got in trouble. It broke both our hearts but she was just pushing me to my limit. She kept slapping at me - I am going out on a limb here to say that anyone with a toddler knows all about this. Well, she kept doing it and doing it and I kept trying to redirect and distract and it wasn't working. So I popped her little hand and the instant I did it I felt so guilty. She started crying and hugging me - it was just terrible. It broke my heart I felt like in that instant all the trust that we had been building had been shattered. Please tell me I am wrong!!! I still feel terrible about it even though she doesn't seem to be phased today.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:26 AM

    I so know what you mean. The first couple of times I had to punish my boys I felt WAY worse than they did. In the long run, I've realized that they long for those boundaries (even if we go crazy making them!).

    Loved the pics!!

    -Girl Gone Wild

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now ya here!