Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday



What works for me this week is fairly simple and you may all already know about it but for those that may not. When you are weaning your child from nursing and your child is all done but your milk isn't put cabbage leaves in your bra over the nipple and it will help dry you up. You should keep the cabbage in (exchanging periodically) for a while to actually help dry up your milk otherwise it will only help with engorgement. If you are still nursing but simply have engorgement issues you can put it in for short periods to simply reduce the engorgement. You can also use hot showers and hand express a little out. I also found that not wearing a bra for a few days helped keep me from getting engorged for some unknown reason (at least unknown to me)So this is what works for me this week. We have just officially weaned our almost 2 year old and it has been an emotional month or so but these tips kept it from being physically uncomfortable!
For more helpful tips go to Rocks in My Dryer!

1 comment:

Y'all come back now ya here!