Monday, December 01, 2008

Last weeks excitement!

Last week we headed to South Carolina to my in-laws. The morning we were leaving my father-in-law called to see where we were and to tell us their house had been broken into that morning. A couple of kids (I use that term loosely) bashed out the glass in their front door and when they couldn't unlock the bolt they bashed in the door. They messed up the entire door frame. Luckily, my in-laws live in a small town where everyone knows everyone and they all look out for each other. Someone noticed that they disappeared around the side of their house and they looked suspicious. They called the cops and the cops were there in like 2 minutes. When he saw the front door he called for back up. Unfortunately, they had seen them come up and had jumped out one of the smallest windows in the house (that is why I call them kids). They only managed to take a radio they had in the bedroom. However, they did royally mess up the kitchen where they bashed the glass and door frame all in the room. They went through all of their drawers and messed up the sheets where I assume they were looking for guns and they had pulled down all of the shoes that my mother-in-law had neatly arranged on the top shelf off her closet.
So to clear it up they walked away with a radio that cost about $40 (bought 4 years ago). They created a mess that my in-laws are still cleaning up. Not to mention costing them several $100's for a new door!

1 comment:

  1. That's just crazy! I'm glad they scared them away before they got anything else.

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now ya here!